Environmental Impact Assessments
We have a thorough understanding of environmental legislation and an excellent relationship with agency regulators to help guide you through the regulatory process of an Environmental Impact Assessment for your project.
We are experienced in managing environmental reviews, both large and small, under the BC Environmental Assessment Act (BCEAA) and the harmonized environmental assessment process under the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act (CEAA).
Our experience will ensure that your project Application thoroughly addresses each of the three stages of an environmental assessment: Pre-application, Application Review and the Decision.
What We Do
- Initiate and coordinate project engagement and consultation with First Nations, local community leaders, stakeholders and the general public.
- Identify and coordinate any technical or baseline studies that are necessary for the project to meet the Application review requirements.
- Assess and identify which valued components may have potential adverse effects due to project completion.
- Identify strategies to prevent, reduce or mitigate any potential adverse project effects on valued components.
- Conduct a cumulative effects analysis on project effects and design compensation plans or packages for any residual effects.
- Liaise with agency officials to identify and clarify discipline-specific Application requirements.
- Act as an intermediary between project officials and Environmental Assessment Office (EAO) regulators.
- Collate and produce the Application for submission to the EAO for Application review.
- Address data gaps and clarification requirements provided by the agencies and regulators during the Application review.