YUNI Environmental Consulting
Celebrating 20 Years of Exceeding Client Needs
Alberta Sustainable Resource Development
- Developed Northern Goshawk nesting habitat model for northeast Alberta.
- Conducted songbird, burrowing owl and amphibian species-at-risk surveys for proposed transmission lines.
BC Conservation Data Centre
- GIS mapped and compiled observation data for plant and bird species-at-risk.
- Determined breeding statuses and described habitat needs for bird species-at-risk.
- Identified avian management issues relating to proposed windfarm project.
- Conducted songbird point counts and habitat assessments along transmission line corridors.
BC Ministry of Environment
- Wrote guidance document for proposed Wildlife Habitat Features legislation.
- Coordinated the proposed IWMS update and developed criteria for adding new species.
- Developed provincial BMPs for maintaining and enhancing wildlife habitat features.
- Developed criteria for Regionally Important Wildlife strategy and wrote draft species accounts.
- Facilitated workshop for Ministry staff to develop VECs for proposed BC Hydro Site C dam.
- Coordinated the province-wide implementation of FRPA Section 7 objectives.
- Developed provincial silviculture BMPs and restoration standards for enhancing wildlife habitat.
BC Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations
- Coordinated wildlife inventories and habitat assessments for proposed cutblocks.
- Developed Northern Goshawk habitat suitability model for northwest coastal BC.
BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Conducted EIAs and produce habitat ratings maps for twinning project of the TransCanada.
Canadian Forest Products Ltd
- Conducted Marbled Murrelet dawn and radar surveys and habitat assessment plots.
- Developed Northern Goshawk nesting habitat model and GIS habitat ratings map.
- Developed standards for cutblock wildlife tree and coarse woody debris retention densities.
Canadian Wildlife Service
- Wrote data gap analysis for the identification of critical habitat for Marbled Murrelet.
- Wrote EIA for songbird populations along the proposed Mackenzie Valley LNG pipeline.
- Wrote 25 songbird species accounts for the Boreal Avian Monitoring Project website.
- Wrote the draft COSEWIC status report for the Northern Goshawk laingi subspecies.
- Conducted pre-clearing and songbird point counts along proposed LNG pipeline route.
- Trained FortisBC crews to conduct songbird nest search surveys along pipeline right-of-ways.
- Conducted pre-clearing bird nest searches for run-of-river hydro project.
Pacific Trails Pipeline
- Conducted pre-clearing bird nest surveys along proposed LNG pipeline.
- Wrote park permit application for proposed LNG pipeline to cross through a provincial park.
Renewable Power Corporation
- Wrote application sections for EI Certificate for 5 proposed run-of-river power projects.
Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment
Inventoried, banded and studied the effects of Carbofuran on burrowing owl populations.
- Coordinated songbird surveys and forest vegetation analysis in northern Saskatchewan.
Saskatchewan Wetland Conservation Corporation
- Coordinated and conducted Piping Plover surveys at various southern Saskatchewan basins.
- Conducted shorebird surveys for basins to qualify for WHSR status in southern Saskatchewan.
Sea Breeze Power Corporation
- Conducted nocturnal songbird and bat radar surveys for proposed windfarm.
- Completed species-habitat assessments for proposed windfarm transmission lines.
- Conducted songbird point count surveys along proposed power transmission lines.
- Conducted EIAs for proposed cellular and communication towers.
Total E&P Canada
- Conducted bird species-at-risk environmental impact assessment for a proposed oil sands site.
TransCanada Pipeline Ltd
- Conducted songbird and amphibian surveys and assessments for a proposed LNG pipeline.
Western Forests Products Ltd
- Conducted Northern Goshawk call playback surveys and monitored known nest territories.
- Conducted songbird point counts, road transects and spot mapping surveys.
Assessed use of planted standing snags by primary cavity nesters in harvested cutblocks.
Below is a list of some of the recent and ongoing projects that we have been involved with.
Providing environmental services throughout British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan.